Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thank You Writer's Strike

I might be able to say "Thank you Writer's Strike." Due to the need of reality TV to fill the gaps, The Biggest Loser: Couples has hit the airwaves. This has grown to be one of my favorite shows (previously posted in December). This week, the new season premiered and so far I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I'm excited it's on, but I just don't feel like starting at the beginning again. As the show moves along, you become fans of certain contestants and now I have to start from scratch. Right now, I have no favorites. This season it's all about couples, so they are paired off and have to work off each other's successes and failures. The first week, a father/daughter couple got kicked off because she wanted to be there and he wanted to go home. I felt terrible for her.

This week I've started back at the gym, along with the rest of America. I haven't done my weight training for about two weeks which made me feel awful yesterday. It really does make a difference when you keep it up. I am used to doing an hour, twice a week with cardio filling in the gaps. Due to vacation schedules, I haven't been able to keep up with the routine. So, I started back yesterday and felt wiped out. I was feeling low blood sugar, it was crowded and I was starting a new upper body regiment. I felt paranoid. There were lots of people there staring at everyone and I felt I was going too slow on the machines. I guess you just have to remember that everyone there is unhappy with some part of their body, otherwise they wouldn't be there. I went to spin class today and successfully got through it, so there is hope. I managed to get a little bit of confidence back. Since I don't have a job right now, there is no reason why I can't really work on resolution #5 (see below). I just want my gym back. I don't want to get there an hour early just to reserve a bike and I don't want to have a reason to gripe anymore

1 comment:

Emily said...

I want Heroes back, bad, so I'm hoping this writer's thing is resolved soon...but at least I still have Project Runway, which I accidentally missed this week.

Don't worry about the gym - it's just New Year's resolution folks and attendence will drop drastically by February. That's how it was at my old gym in Rivergate.