Monday, January 21, 2008

Campaign research...check.

I've been meaning to do this, but it's time consuming, overwhelming and maybe a little boring. Today I researched the '08 Presidential Nominee Candidates. I went through their websites, read up on each individual issue and even took some comparison quizzes. To be honest, there is a lot I still don't understand and I will have to get somebody to explain some things. I do believe that I am making progress and have most likely have narrowed it down to a specific candidate. Typically, I am not really one to force my political opinions onto others and I don't really care for the conflict that can come with doing that. I'm usually the quiet voter that makes my way into the booth, presses the VOTE NOW button and goes on with my day. I might put up a banner or sticker at some point, but I will make sure that I am confident in my choice before doing so. Some people need an excuse to complain and elections are the perfect chance to do so. Ugh, if you do that, there is a 95% I will tune you out. No offense. I do stand firm that voting is important and don't complain if you don't plan on voting to help make a change. It will be a surprise to myself if I become passionate about the upcoming election, but there are issues like healthcare and etc. that were important to me before, but now that I am jobless and on cobra for a limited time, healthcare is even more important. Thinking about the future and keeping in mind; maternity, pre-existing conditions, and prescriptions, some things makes more sense now. Anyways, if you are still researching too, this is a good catch-all page for a brief glimpse.

No comments: