Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My top 5 resolutions.

Here they are In no particular order:
1. EAT MORE VEGETABLES AND GREENS. Now if you know me, you will definitely know and at sometime probably mocked and kid me about hating vegetables. Yes, I am a picky eater. I don't deny it. Over the past few years, I have been slowly making the transition to eat more vegetables. I've started eating green beans, spinach and maybe a few carrots here or there. I have friends that sneak in zucchini into my hamburgers. But this year, I'm going to try. I've got to change my diet to reflect one of a diabetic anyways, so keep your fingers crossed.
2. FINISH A 5K. Last year I walked/ran the Country Music Marathon and thought that was an accomplishment. I might decide to try it again in April, but I am setting a realistic goal too. I want to finishing running at least a 5K.
3. FIND A JOB. Now that I am starting the year off unemployed, I want to make sure that my next job is something that embraces my spirit and personality. No more dreading to go to work. The next thing I pick will be the right thing and I will be able to walk in everyday with a smile on my face.
4. READ MY BIBLE EVERY DAY. Yes, I am a slacker. I love to read. I don't have a hard time finishing other books, but I never really take the opportunity to sit with my Bible and digest it. So, for at least 5 minutes a day (I'm being realistic again) I am going to read The Word.
5. GET TO THE GYM AT LEAST 5X A WEEK. Yeah, yeah, lose weight right? Everyone includes this one. Well, I have to. One reason, I am now pre-diabetic. I can't let this take over me and go to the next level. Also, I want to look great for Susannah's wedding in June. I am determined to be a size smaller for the wedding, at least. I just in general want to feel better too. When I work out, it feels good and I feel like I have accomplished something when I walk out of that spin class. "The hardest part is getting there." I'm not sure if it is a full on resolution, since I already do this, but it also didn't feel right to leave it off the list.

No comments: