Monday, January 7, 2008

New 2008 Party Dress

Okay, so it's a little late, but I finally got around to updating the look of the site. Nothing drastic, but a new party dress was definitely called for, right?...Hello? Christmas was over like two weeks ago and that header was becoming vintage! Hopefully this blog in 2008 will lead to new and encouraging things. I look forward to your visits and, as always, love to hear your comments.

As many of you guys know, right now I am jobless (take a bow, Leslie). Right now, I feel that I am at this major crossroads. I am taking the time to really, REALLY analyze the things I have done previously and what I am willing to do in the future. I am no longer the recent college graduate desperate for that job. I feel like I am interviewing these companies as much as they are interviewing me. I want to respect an employer's time as much as I want them to respect mine, so I want to make sure that my next gig is the perfect thing...at least for this next stage in my life. (I hit 30 in 27 days and counting). I don't have kids yet, so I have the luxury, for at least a little while, of collecting my unemployment check and finding out what makes me happy. I think I have narrowed it down quite a bit. I did have an interview last week and did get the offer. After walking out the door, I pretty much knew my answer. I took the weekend to fully think about it and made the call today to respectfully decline. I didn't want to rush the decision because I do have a mortgage... and cobra insurance will eventually become too expensive. I felt nervous all weekend about having to let them down. "I don't want to make this call today! I really don't want to give them bad news." It definitely helped boost my confidence a little though. I have another interview tomorrow that I feel might fit better with what I am looking for. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I was wondering today what you had decided - sounds like you made the right choice. Something FANTABULOUS will come along shortly, I'm sure of it!

Emily said...

I like the new look. Best of luck in getting what you want in the job hunt.