Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Heart Top Chef

Last night was the Season 4 premiere of Top Chef. Don't get me wrong, I am sad that Project Runway is over, but I love my Padma and Colicchio duo. They started the season off great with one of my celebrity crushes Rocco, who judged the "cheftestants" in their skills to make their version of Chicago deep dish pizza. Yum! After the quickfire and elimination challenge, I think it was a good call to let Nimma go home. Seems like she decided to over-salt everything she made. That got on my nerves after she separated herself from the rest of the house and didn't want to bond. Shame on you! (shaking my pointer finger). To point out some of the ones I think we should watch for this season include: Stephanie (last night's winner), Mohawk Richard, and although Ryan messed up his Chicken Piccata, he might redeem himself. It really is too early to tell, but I also like Erik. I like seeing big tough guys do something great in the kitchen, which isn't meat and potatoes. Andrew, I thought, was a bit juvenile.

Here's my own top chef moment of the day. I had to make cupcakes for a friend's birthday. I think these flowered creations came out looking alright. They at least tasted great!

2 comments:

Buckingham Palace said...

those cupcakes look good! AND I am so sad Top Chef has started and I lost cable!!!! I LOVE TOP CHEF!

Kristen said...

You are so stinking talented!