Monday, June 2, 2008

Just a few things...

Well, I should have updated sooner, but the past few days have been an adjustment. Last Thursday and Friday I was training for my new job at Birdsong Creative and I felt completely drained afterwards. Also, it was one of the more social weekends I've had in awhile. We celebrated Darci and Jeremy's engagement Thursday night with a "Stock The Cellar" shower. I spent the day on Saturday playing the old game of Bocce ball with my brother, Brad and his girlfriend, Whitney...and Skye. Now I felt this was more social because ever since my husband started working at The Apple Store (his official title is "Genius") he has had to deal with the store's retail hours. When he comes home, I'm already done for the day, so it actually feels like we are dating again in some ways. By the way, I kicked butt in Bocce ball; that old-man yard game you avoided playing with your grandparents.

I also went to see the long-awaited Sex in the City Movie friday night. Oh my gosh, I don't think that I've been surrounded by so much estrogen before in my life!!! I won't be a spoiler, but I will tell you that I left feeling satisfied and happy the way the movie left things. It was a bit predictable, but it was good to see the gals on screen again.

So, today was my first day on my own at the job. Nobody was watching over me, guiding me and giving me the play by play. I just went in with my head held high and tackled every task that came my way. To celebrate my new position and also the new designer they welcomed just the other week, we played hooky and went to the movies to see Indiana Jones. (Yes, the bosses treated!) I am really glad to be in a small family/company atmosphere. I feel really appreciated and lucky to be a part of the team. They had high expectations filling this position and I do feel that I had big shoes to fill, so I am a bit nervous in a way, but also really honored to have been chosen. I'm finally in a place where I feel good and actually deserving about this too.

1 comment:

Buckingham Palace said...

HEY! congratulations on the new job!!! That sounds great, a place you get to see Indian Jones during the day, heck yes!