Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Nashville Star...Boo!

I want the two hours back that was spent last night over at my brother's watching "Nashville Star." It is seriously one of the worst reality shows I've taken time to watch. I don't know how we got suckered in because neither of us like or watch "American Idol," which is supposed to be the better of the two. The judges, which included Jewel, provided no helpful feedback and I really do feel that there must have been a shortage of talent to choose from when they chose the final 12 contestants. Can't they hear the flatness in their voices? They didn't even pick big fights with one another. I at least want to experience the drama between the judges...can't you give me that? Billy Ray Cyrus isn't the best host either. I know he's kind of a hot commodity right now, but in my opinion he definitely should stick to "Hannah Montana." Either way...the best part of my TV experience last night was the ridiculous "Celebrity Circus" commercials. That's what summer TV is all about....Brady Bunches own Christopher Knight, making a fool of himself. Looks like I'm in for a summer full of badminton and bocce ball. Thank goodess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nashville Star's probably gone downhill. We watched some of the first season (funny, since I don't like AI either and I don't really care much for country) and the talent was good....it was actually people that had been trying to make it in the business and had some talent and - yikes! - songwriting ability. I was rooting for Miranda Lambert that season, but it all worked out for her in the end, huh?

Nancy O'Dell hosted that season and she was so wooden and wasn't really a fit for the show.

Good to know I'm not missing anything this season. I don't have much TV time since I work at night anyway - I'm just watching Top Chef at the moment, then Project Runway in July.