Thursday, December 20, 2007

I love my Tivo...and The Biggest Loser.

I love my Tivo. Well, we don't really have the Tivo, we have the Direct TV digital recorder, but still, it's practically the same thing. It just doesn't do the cute fast forward noise. Why do I love this device? Because I finally got to catch up on The Biggest Loser finale last night. It's been a busy week, and all week I have had a hunch that Bill would win, but avoided all commercials and conversations about it. It drove me nuts. I didn't want it confirmed until I could watch it on the actual episode.

Now, this is the first season I've ever watched the show. I've had friends that have watched every season and have raved about it. I don't think I respected it until I started working out on my own with a personal trainer. Now, I know that the show goes to extremes, all the contestants have nothing to focus on except for their diet and exercise while they are ON the show, which makes it a bit easier. I would usually have my personal training session the day after the show aired and I would give her the update on what happened on the show. I would tell her that "Geez, they had that girl running on the treadmill at a speed of 12.0! Even with all that weight!" I typically run at a pace of like 4.0 or something. ( I am short and have little legs.) Her response..."That would be so dangerous! They also have a team of medical doctors standing right there waiting if something happens." She also said that she could easily be sued if she tried pulling something like that. Either way, the show is good inspiration for getting to the gym. I was actually more impressed with the contestants on the show that actually got kicked off and had to train at home under real-life conditions.

One of the final four is also from my hometown of Franklin. Rock on Isabeau! You did great and keep up the good work. They even said that she's been spotted at my gym. I think I would be in celebrity shock if I saw her.

Top 5 Reasons why I love The Biggest Loser:
1. Good motivation to get to the gym.
2. Jillian is kick-ass.
3. It's fun to point out all the intentional product promotion.
4. Bob, the trainer, is hot!
5. Watching guys get rid of their man-boobs...good for them!

Who's going to do the Million Pound Match up for next season?

No comments: