Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What is this world coming to?

So, I've been a little behind on my current events, but the other day I was able to finally catch up with some news. One thing that really stood out to me is the story about Obama and The Western Wall." Apparently, while he's been on this overseas expedition he made a stop in Isreal and put a personal prayer in what some people call "The Wailing Wall." (one of the last remaining structures from the Temple in Jerusalem). You are supposed to write a prayer, fold it and stick it in the wall. The prayer then goes directly to God in Heaven from there. Well, unfortunately, in today's society, that isn't sacred anymore. It makes me angry that people feel it's right to take that personal info and sell it to a newspaper. Sure, this man is running for the U.S. Presidency and everything about him is on display and open for criticism, but have you no respect?

Click here to read more on this news story. I actually hope you get as angry as I did reading it.

No comments: